Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Botox or Dysport- What is your Poison?


I have been reading a lot of articles and talking to local doctors about Dysport vs Botox.

It is interesting to learn how many doctors are reluctant to use Dysport. Claiming that the price is not much less than Botox- so why bother. Are they so used to Botox that they just are not interested in the learning curve? Now, keep in mind my research is limited to the docs that I speak to on a local level.

Giving consumers a choice between the products is a good thing -especially since there are some consumers that love to be early adapters and will try anything. Myself included.

Botox has been such a monopoly for so long, it is nice to now have an alternative. As for myself, i have been using Botox for over 15 years. When I first started using it, my forehead lines were pretty deep- now I don't even get injections there. My frown lines between my brows, have improved as well- though I am finding that my botox injections do not last as long as they used to. This maybe because I am so critical of those little lines creeping back - It is like coloring your hair. At the first sign of gray.... time to color again!!!

Both Botox and Dysport are botulinum toxin type A- however the manufacturing process is slightly different.

Apparently some patients notice the effect within 24 - 48 hours and some think it lasts longer than Botox.

Since, I have not tried it yet. I can not comment On the hunt for a local doc to inject me the next time the little annoying lines come back.

No comments:

Post a Comment